Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Creativity in Business

I am having a very difficult time with creativity these days, which is very rare for me. Usually, my imagination runs the show and this shift in paradigms (ah, management-speak...sorry about that, but the word fits!) got me to thinking about business and the formation of such. Do we spend so much time planning and organizing with our right brain that we leave the left side needing nourishment? I'm pretty sure that is exactly what is happening with me. Now, in many ways, I am a Virgo's Virgo. I am constantly analyzing communication, my pores, food labels, other people's blogs etc..etc...but lately, since I have started this business, I find myself over-analyzing almost every detail of my life. I understand that using careful consideration can lead to creative thoughts and new ways to make things flow and work but for some reason, I felt that owning a business meant doing everything differently and "by the book". So today, I have decided that I should run my business with the same creativity that I have never had any problem using for other folks when I was a corporate slave. Ironically, the minute I made this discovery, I had no problem finding the words to say....

No comments: