Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ah, Procrastination.....

So, I'm not a natural procrastinator. It's not really in my nature. But I gave a 10 minute blurb at a networking group I belong to and realized that I do more for my clients' Online Presence than I do for my own. Why is my own presence less important than my customer's? Why procrastinate with my own stuff when I never do that with theirs?
It has been more than two weeks since my last blog and my facebook account is negligible at best. I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of their format. Still a bit too social and giggly for me. About 70% of my clients have reached out to me through online networking, maintaining that presence should be a #1 priority for me. So, gentle reader, I have decided that I will schedule time on the ole' Outlook Calendar to spend time everyday on my stuff. Are you finding that you work harder for your customers than you do for yourself? Try scheduling "Me Time" and stick with the regime. I even color-code it so that it feels like a real project, which it is. Of course, if you find yourself not having the time, you can always hire a VA to help you in that department....I hear they put your needs ahead of their own, anyway......

No comments: